Monday, May 10, 2010

Phone-less

I don't really feel normal without having my cell phone with me. I know that sounds extremely lame but I'm serious. Think of how dependent people have become of their phones. I was just thinking about how hard it must have been 10 - 15 years ago for people and their every day tasks. Time and communication are some of the most important things a person could have, and it feels like I've been missing out on that for the past 4 days.

Of course I'm exaggerating a little bit, but I mean come on, think about how weird it is every time you're standing in an awkward situation. Suddenly you've got an urgent text message (Real or Not, the job is done)! Your phone can be your best friend. It could also be an addiction.

I understand sometimes I'll spend too much time texting friends about pointless garbage, when I know I could be doing something better. I know I'm at risk when I text while driving(I know it's bad, I'm trying to quit). But it's been half a week now and I know I've missed some important calls. I wasn't even able to wish my mother a happy mothers day..Maybe I'm just freaking out right now because I've taken technology for-granted? It's happened before with a lot of things. Maybe now I can get a short burst of freedom from my busy lifestyle? Maybe now I can actually focus on what matters to me? Or maybe I should just get another phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment